Monday 20 October 2008

welcome to my world!; curriculum

As the name would suggest, this blog is just trying to say it how it is - what we're doing in homeschool; what helps me/us along the path to godliness - and what doesn't. I'll try to post mainly on materials we have found useful, to try and save you some of the countless hours I've spent surfing...

We homeschool Lucy (nearly 6). I would love to say that Dan (2) joins in, but management is the word at the moment. We're probably Classical, but essentially if I'm feeling lazy, I get out 'The Well-Trained Mind' to make me do more; and if we're burned out, it's Charlotte Mason that perks us up again. We use:-
Jesus, My Shepherd - Explorers Bible Study;
Math-U-See - Beta;
Rod & Staff Phonics and Reading Workbooks and 'Our Father's World' Geography;
Artistic Pursuits;
Recorder books;
and we cobble together history and science.
We do quite a few lapbooks and I'll post on that in due course.

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Hello Jess!
glad you have your blog all set up.
Lynn (Deut 6v7)